CHIESA DI SANTA MARIA DEL CARMINE
The church, dedicated to "Madonna Annunziata", was rebuilt in 1640 in Baroque style, since the former building had been destroyed by an earthquake. The bell tower, with pyramid spire, was destroyed during the war.
Built by Carmelite monks in the XVII century with annexed monastery, it soon became one of the main centres of the Carmelite religious order in the Region.
In Napoleonic times, the monks disappered, so both the church and the monastery were led by the local clergy till 1945.
Today the church is used mainly for cultural events.
Address: Via Rustici - Massa Lombarda - 48024 (RA)
Tel: 0545 985890, info - Information Office
Fax: 0545 985888
How to get there
The church is in the town centre, near the market car park. Facilities for disabled.
Open on: open during cultural events
Last update: 23/06/2012 (Redazione locale di Massa Lombarda)