home pageBagnacavalloDiscover the area › Art and culture
ALLEGRA BYRON'S MEMORIAL STONE
"In questo convento di S. Giovanni Battista G.G. Lord Byron il 22 gennaio 1821 poneva educanda sua figlia Allegra. La visitava nell'agosto P.B. Shelley trovandola bella e felice non presago che il 20 aprile seguente morte l'avrebbe rapita di 5 anni e 3 mesi al bramoso affetto del grande genitore". ('In this convent of S. Giovanni Battista, Lord Byron put his daughter on the 22nd of January 1821. During the month of August, Shelley visited Allegra and found her healthy and happy, but the following 20th of April she unexpectedly died at the young age of five years and three months').
ANTICA GALLERIA
An half buried gallery connects the inner yard of Palazzo Vecchio to via Trento Trieste. It has always been public and it is one of the few still existing pieces of  the older defensive system of the city.
ANTICA PIEVE DI S. PIETRO IN SYLVIS
S. Pietro in Sylvis parish church, dating back to the VII century, is one of the best preserved churches in the territory and represents a typical example of exarchal architecture.
ANTICHE CASE GUIDI
A group of old historical mansion houses named "Case Guidi" are located in the territory of Bagnacavallo. They were built at the end of the XIX century by the Guidi family from Faenza and they all have the same structure. Usually they are in pairs, one symmetric to the other on both sides of the street.
ANTICO CONVENTO DI S. FRANCESCO
The monastery of S. Francesco dates back to the XIII century and it's the oldest monastery of Bagnacavallo. It's a very large building which the church and the monastery itself; the latter includes the remarkable refectory, now named "Sala Oriani", the cloister, the monumental staicase and the rooms at the first floor used as exhibition venue and the underground rooms.
ARMENIAN STELE- KHATCHKAR
The armenian stele of Bagnacavallo is a masterpiece of the Armenian sculptor Grigor Kiragossian, donated in 1998 by Vanadzor (an Armenian town) to Bagnacavallo as a present to thank for the help given by the local cultural association "Associazione Amici dell'Armenia" based in Bagnacavallo.
CANADIAN WAR CEMETRY 1939-1945
War cemetry built and attended by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission and been designed by Louis De Soissons.
CASA BALDI RANDI
Baldi Randi house is perfectly preserved, even though it has undergone some alterations; the house has been built in 1850 by the Cardinal Lorenzo Ilarione Randi, who was from Bagnacavallo but used to live in Rome, and he lived in it when he was visiting his home town.
CASTELLACCIO
The so called Castellaccio is an old fortified building, part of the ancient Bagnacavallo stronghold. It dates back to the XII century, even if the current structure has clear XV century features. Now is a private propriety.
CHIESA COLLEGIATA DI S. MICHELE ARCANGELO
S. Michele Arcangelo is the main church of the town. Together with San Pietro in Sylvis church, it forms the parish complex of the town.

This website uses Cookies (even of third parties) to improve your navigation experience and to collect statistical data. By continuing the navigation of this website, you will accept the use of these cookies. accept   more info
siti internet acticode.it