home pageBagnara di RomagnaDiscover the area › Art and culture
CAPPELLA S. LUIGI GONZAGA
Private chapel dedicated to San Luigi Gonzaga.
CHIESA ARCIPRETALE DI S. GIOVANNI BATTISTA E S. ANDREA APOSTOLO
The church was built on the ruins of the former oratory towards the end of the XV century and underwent to several alterations and widenings (1653 - 1752 - 1774).
CHIESA DELLA NATIVITA' DI MARIA
Maria's nativity church has a simple facade and a single nave structure. The church was built in 1452 on the ruins of an ancient oratory.
LA PORTA DEL PAESE
Originally, the only doorway to access the town of Bagnara was located on the western side of the castle walls; the entrance had a drawbridge which was destroyed in 1617. The doorway was guarded by a person in charge of closing it at night and reopening in the morning; his duties included also to make sure that no one may enter the castle with arms.
MUSEO DEL CASTELLO
The museum was opened in 2008 and occupies the rooms, the basement, the donjon and the courtyard of the 14th century fortress Rocca Sforzesca, which has been completely restored to become a museum and a cultural space. The permanent archaeological display features items from the Bronze Age, the Roman times and the Middle Ages. The original medieval town’s settlement can be seen in the archaeological site of  'Prati di S. Andrea'.
MUSEO STORICO PARROCCHIALE Mons. A. Mongardi
The parish museum houses is in the parsonage of the Church of San Giovanni Battista and Sant' Andrea Apostolo and it houses books and paintings from the XV to the XX century. Historical archive with documents dating from 1252.
MUSEO STORICO PIETRO MASCAGNI
The museum is in the parsonage of the church of San Giovanni Battista and Sant' Andrea Apostolo and it houses letters and personal objects of the famous musician Pietro Mascagni.
PIAZZA MARCONI
Piazza Marconi is the main square of the town of Bagnara and has been the central spot of the social and economic life of its inhabitants since ever.
PRATO DI SANT'ANDREA
The so called 'Prato di Sant'Andrea' is the area where the old castle of Bagnara used to be; the castle of Bagnara was founded by the Romans and then destroyed in 1222 in a battle between Bologna and Imola, so there is no actual building any more.
ROCCA SFORZESCA
Bagnara defensive system, planned by Barnabò Visconti in the XIV century, consisted in a moat surrounding the boundary wall of the the fortress. It is the only still complete example of medieval "castrum" in Emilia Romagna.

This website uses Cookies (even of third parties) to improve your navigation experience and to collect statistical data. By continuing the navigation of this website, you will accept the use of these cookies. accept   more info
siti internet acticode.it