home pageFusignanoDiscover the area › Art and culture
CHIESA ARCIPRETALE DI S.GIOVANNI BATTISTA
This church, with a late Medieval structure, was rebuilt several times during the centuries, till it was completely destroyed during World War II bombing. The rebuilding and redesinging of the church was carried out by the Bolognese architect Alberto Legnani.
CHIESA DEL PIO SUFFRAGIO - TEMPIO DEI CADUTI
The church, with a plastered facade and niches, is also used not only for services but also as seat of concerts, meetings and exhibitions.
CHIESA PARROCCHIALE DI S. MARIA DEL PILARO
This church has inherited the name Santa Maria del Pilaro from the former church built in 1712 at the crossing between Via Marocche and Via Maiano, which had been destroyed during the war in 1945.
CHIESA PARROCCHIALE DI S. SAVINO
The present church was designed by Renzo Strumia and finished in 1950. Inside the church can be admired the Baptistry, a statue depicting San Savino by Raoul Vistoli and the Via Crucis (1982) created by the ceramists Bartoli and Cornacchia from Brisighella.
MUSEO CIVICO SAN ROCCO
This permanent collection of devotional images has been made possible thanks to the kind donation of Mr Sergio Baroni, has a rich and wide documentation able to reconstruct the history of religious folk devotion through images and ceramic crafts.
MUSEO ROMAGNA AIR FINDERS
This is a museum dedicated to aviation and war history; the exhibits include objects found by the members of the R.a.F (Romagna Air Finders), amongst which the remains of a Thunderball P47, an airplane of the Brazilian army which was found on the hills of the area of Bologna, and a Mersserschimtt BF109G, a german airplane founded in the countryside around San Bernardino od Lugo with the rests of its pilot Hans Fischer.
MUSEUM OF VINTAGE CARS AND MOTERCYCLES Mauricette e Primo Contoli
The museum features a collection of early 20th century cars and motorcycles, including vehicles made by Citroën, FIAT, FN, Gilera, Hemderson, La Licorne, Mosquito and Triumph.
ORATORIO DEL SANTISSIMO CROCIFISSO
This oratory, built in 1677 thanks to the legacy of Auditor Carlo Spadazzi and transformed into a church about ten years later, is the most ancient religious building in Fusignano. Survived to the World War II, it has been restored and presents an interesting shrine in the facade.
ORATORIO DELLA SANTISSIMA ANNUNZIATA
The oratory of "Santissima Annunziata" (Sepulcrum Gentis Piancastelli) is located by the municipal cemetry, on the border of the typical local contryside.
ORATORIO DELL'ANGELO CUSTODE
The oratory has been rebuilt in an extremely simple way. In the past, it was connected to the suburban villa of Severoli family. The street, joining the traffic light crossing to Senio riverside, is planted with wonderful planetrees which used to adorn the destroyed Villa Severoli.

This website uses Cookies (even of third parties) to improve your navigation experience and to collect statistical data. By continuing the navigation of this website, you will accept the use of these cookies. accept   more info
siti internet acticode.it