CHIESA DI S. FRANCESCO DI PAOLA
The present building, in neogothic style, dates back to 1890 and stands on a previous XIV century 's structure dedicated to the "Annunziata", of which several traces and decorations remain.
In 1264, following Santerno river's floods, the inhabitants of S. Maria in Fabriago moved to Lugo where they built an oratory for a Madonna they had carried with them. Between 1335 and 1346 in this village rose a church dedicated to Maria Annunciation, as the inhabitants of Fabriago had wished.
The present church hosts a precious sacred art work, the Mourning on Dead Christ (XV century), a group in polychromic terracotta by an anonymous artist from Ferrara.
Address: Via Fermini, 37 - Lugo - 48022 (RA)
Tel: 0545 22586, info - Church
How to get there
The church is located in via Fermini near corso Garibaldi, about 400m from Piazza Baracca. Car park on both streets, facilities for disabled.
Open on: open every day and during services
Last update: 12/05/2013 (Redazione locale di Lugo)